The Customisation Process
Creating vision, setting strategy
Our programmes are fully customisable. Typically, they range from tailoring our flagship open programmes such as The Prince of Wales's Business & Sustainability Programme or the Climate Innovation Programme for specific organisations, to creating completely bespoke seminars that meet specific learning needs.
Programmes vary from targeted, half-day board-level briefings to week-long seminars, and to nine-month Master's-style programmes.
Our design team is experienced in board education and training, C-suite executive education and senior leaders’ strategic development.
We customise our programmes through four interconnected steps:
|1. Understanding an organisation’s needs|
|Led by a Director from CPSL’s Executive Programmes team, CPSL will work closely to diagnose the client’s needs and agree ambitious and realistic goals for a programme. This includes:|
- Consultation with our client including key internal stakeholders such as target delegates, board members, the head of sustainability, the head of leadership development, and the head of a key commercial function.
- Drawing on CPSL’s work with clients and partners and our scanning of relevant developments by business, governments, and civil society organisations.
- Discussion with key external experts, including relevant members of CPSL’s network of Faculty and Senior Associates and (where appropriate) the client's own external stakeholders.
|2. Designing an effective and inspiring learning journey|
|Building on insight into the client’s business model, markets, strategic direction and organisational culture, CPSL will work closely with key client contacts to design a powerful learning experience. This will include: |
- Hand-picking suitable Faculty from our international network of Senior Associates.
- Framing and positioning the programme so that it is relevant to a client's operations, growth and resilience.
- Building on their prior knowledge of sustainability, engaging learners and enabling them to reach the desired end goal. This will include an appropriate level of challenge and support to address barriers to engagement and action.
- Identifying suitable contributors and case studies to provide delegates with the most relevant, credible and authoritative inputs that can inform their decision-making.
|3. Delivering a world-class programme|
|CPSL has nearly 25 years of experience of delivering programmes for senior business audiences all over the world. CPSL’s delivery draws upon: |
- An expert and highly experienced CPSL team, including leadership by a Programme Director and support from professional programme and event managers throughout the programme.
- Carefully briefed Faculty, who attend the entire programme.
- Guest contributions – often one of the leading-edge thinkers on areas of critical importance to the programme’s goals.
|4. Reflecting and refining|
|To ensure that CPSL delivers the desired outcome, we work closely with clients after a programme to evaluate its impact and the creation of conditions for harmonious growth. This includes: |
- Opportunities for each delegate to evaluate the sessions during a programme. This feedback is consolidated and informs our post-event evaluation report.
- Debriefs with faculty and the client to understand the extent of engagement and discussion during the group work.
- Where required, a full impact assessment based on interviews with the client and other members of the delegation will be scoped prior to the programme, and completed immediately after the seminar and then at three, six and 12-month intervals. These interviews are structured in a way to understand the positive and negative impacts of the programme.
- For programmes with multiple workshops or a number of iterations, the design will be reviewed and refined, drawing on the lessons of previous programmes and relevant developments in the client organisation or external context.
Delegates successfully completing the courses are invited to join our alumni network, the Cambridge Sustainability Network, and attend regular networking events.
Learn how our programmes have helped other organisations.